Name:
Location: Lawton, OK, United States

If you see me, I probably have my kids in tow, with a book & my iphone. Internet contact is a constant must and MUSIC is my passion.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Girl Named Steve

I am Steve. Actually, I am Jen who was nicknamed Steve. Stay with me:

This all came about through my oldest sons best friend, Eli.

Nick, my oldest, and Eli have been friends since first grade, (they are currently going into 6th grade). They have been attached at the hip for 3 years. Eli is, in my eyes, one of my old children. Nick calls him "brother from another mother."

So, during baseball 3 years ago, I found out that Eli's family calls him Schmee. This is from Eli Schmeeli. So, we have called him Schmee for 3 years.

Eli spends a lot of time at our house. There are times I have wondered why he doesn't have his own room, but what fun would that be? Right? Pallets on the floor, staying up late playing XBOX, sleeping in......you get the picture.

One day, about a year ago, Eli was at my house. He comes into the kitchen and says "I think I will call you Steve now." I am so used to unusual statements coming out of his mouth that I didn't even react. I just said, "OK." From that day on, he has called me Steve. It has become such an ordinary thing that his family calls me Steve. Nick & Eli's class called me Steve. So, I am now a girl named Steve.

I strongly believe I was named after the Hedge on Over The Hedge...."We will call it STEVE!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I always knew Jennifer didn't fit you. I think I will call you Steve. ;-)

August 11, 2008 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

You crack me up. I think it's absolutely hysterical that you named your blog this. I added you to my blog roll. So get to blogging lady! I'll have to do a post on mine soon linking to this post about Schmee naming you Steve. LOL

August 15, 2008 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Finally I know the story! Love it!

September 6, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home