Name:
Location: Lawton, OK, United States

If you see me, I probably have my kids in tow, with a book & my iphone. Internet contact is a constant must and MUSIC is my passion.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Search Is On!


I am actively looking for full-time employment, after years of being at home with the boys.


Now, a lot of you would say "Wait! You worked at Tom's clinic and you managed Joi", but that was on MY TIME. I could come and go as I pleased. Now, I am on THE MAN'S timeclock.


This has been far more stressful than I thought.


I am not worried about finding a job. That is actually the easy part because I know I can answer phones, schedule appointments, type.....pretty much anything that working in an office requires.


What stresses me out is my kids! Nick has handled the news well, but he is a little unsure of being at home from 3:00 to 5:30, alone. I think, that once we get into the swing of it, he will be fine. He really has NO idea how much homework he is about to have dumped on him. Plus, he has to practice piano and OF COURSE there are video games and TV....JUST IN CASE! ha!


Jacob, that is who is stressing me out. I will have to look for before school and after school care. Right now, his school offers onsite care, but after school is full, so he will have to BUS over to another campus. How nuts is that? He was in tears when he thought he would have to go to a daycare. So, I am actively looking for somewhere for him to go, before and after school that is an activity based program and not a "sit down, watch tv, and don't talk" program.


Here's hoping!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Margo said...

Good luck in your search and with the childcare. The main reason I am still at my job (which drives me crazy and doesn't pay me enough for said craziness) is the flexibility. I can come and go as I please. I'm there, but should I have to run to pick a kid up from school I can. Dr.'s appointment? No problem. Here's hoping you can find a crappy job like mine! ;)

September 2, 2008 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Look at you -- becoming a working woman in Tulsa! How are things. I'm excited to blog with you -- and thrilled that you are doing well. Good luck with the childcare search. That's not a fun thing to have to do.

September 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home