Name:
Location: Lawton, OK, United States

If you see me, I probably have my kids in tow, with a book & my iphone. Internet contact is a constant must and MUSIC is my passion.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Crazy week

Many of you may know, but I will put it down anyway. This has been a crazy, insane, messed-up week! Last Thursday I get a phone call from my Mom. Now, this is not an unusual thing but at after 8:00 at night, it usually is. She sounded like my grandma, so I knew something was wrong. It turns out, my brother Michael was in a very bad car accident. Here is the write up from The Tulsa World:

Crash injures two, traps man inside car

By DAVID SCHULTE World Staff Writer
11/6/2008 9:38 PMLast Modified: 11/6/2008 9:46 PM

Two people were taken to a hospital following a three-vehicle accident Thursday evening at 21st Street and Harvard Avenue.Witnesses told police that an eastbound green Pontiac Grand Prix was weaving and veered into a westbound red Saturn just after 7 p.m., Capt. Richard Alexander said.After that collision, a westbound gray Chevrolet Prizm hit the Saturn.Firefighters used two Jaws of Life units to extricate the 31-year-old male driver of the Saturn, who was pinned under the vehicle for about an hour, authorities said.He was transported in fair condition to St. John Medical Center, said EMSA spokeswoman Tina Wells.The 57-year-old female driver of Pontiac Grand Prix was transported to the hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.The condition of the male driver of the Chevrolet Prizm is not known.Family members of the driver of Grand Prix told police that she is diabetic and has a heart condition, which possibly caused the accident, Alexander said.

Now, 8 days later Michael has gone through 3 surgeries and has 2 broken ankles, a broken elbow, a broken wrist and a torn spleen.
My parents and sister-in-law are at the hospital every day.
Piper was able to come in last Friday, to spend the day with him. I came in on Saturday and was with him. Kim came in yesterday and will be in until Tuesday.
I hate that we can't all be together at the same time. I feel very far away, but know that he will doi well.

Prayers for is speedy and full recovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home